2008 Asia Song Festival

I’ve never heard about this festival, but it’s a hot topic on an Asian gossip site that I frequent, asianbite.com, so I thought I’d check it out. Mainly because I saw SNSD in the image and ew. SNSD. Why them? But then upon further inspection of said image, what do I see?

Berryz Koubou?!

What on Earth have they done to deserve representing Japan at this festival? I mean, I love Berryz and all, sans Risako, but I could name an endless ammount of other artists who deserve being there much more.

I doubt an explanation for this will be released, but I just… it baffles me. Berryz singing with artists that never fail to be anything less than amazing such as DBSK, SHINee, w-inds, and dare I say it, SNSD (but you have to give them credit, they blow H!P out of the water, especially Berryz).

Here’s the full artist list:

Korea: TVXQ, Shinee, Girls’ Generation
Japan: w-inds, Berryz Kobo
China: Anson Hu
Taiwan: Fahrenheit
Hong Kong: Karen Mok
Thailand: Ice
Vietnam: Ho Quynh Huong
Philippines: Rivermaya
Indonesia: Agnes Monica

Not quite sure what to expect here. But honestly, if they had to do an H!P group, why not Morning Musume?? They’re the internationally recognized ones here.

Item Reviewed: 2008 Asia Song Festival Description: Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sakura District, Inc

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous29/8/08 21:51

    Hmm. Why is Berryz that mush less a musical talent than the other groups you mention?

    ReplyDelete